Her Nexx Chapter (HNC) is excited to present the schedule and speaker list of our 2023 Women’s Wellness Program – “It’s OKAY! Pause, Breathe, Proceed.” This program will empower women with knowledge, resources, and a sense of community in facing mental health challenges.
The first segment of HNC’s 2023 Mental Wellness Program will take place during National Mental Illness Awareness Month on May 25, 2023. Topics include stories, knowledge sharing, and advice from diverse experts in fields such as nutrition, psychiatry, and psychology. Programming in this segment includes:
- Narratives on inherited trauma and other mental wellness challenges
- Expert monologue on root causes of mental illness
- Expert monologue on nutrition’s relationship to mental wellness
- Presentation on practical and philosophical approach to mental healthcare
- Meditation demonstration
The second segment of HNC’s 2023 Mental Wellness Program focuses on Black, Indigenous, and People Of Color (BIPOC) communities’ with experiences facing mental health challenges will air on July 26, 2023. Programming for this segment includes:
- Panel discussion on underserved communities’ limited access to mental healthcare with expert speakers
- Real-life stories told by women with mental health experiences relatable to the audience
- Personal story on supporting a partner with mental illness
- Personal story focused on bully prevention
An online PDF toolkit will be available to all listeners conveying the highlights of the mental wellness resources provided by “It’s OKAY! Pause, Breathe, Proceed.” HNC is proud to present this two-part program on several platforms and in partnership with multiple women’s health-oriented organizations. Audio platforms include Spotify, Google Podcasts, Apple Podcasts, iHeartRadio, and Pandora. Video platforms include Sign1News and YouTube.