Here are a few examples of easy snacks to keep in your desk:
- 100 calorie packets of nuts, any variety (14 almonds, 20 pistachios…etc)
- 100 calorie bag of popcorn
- Higher-fiber, low-fat, and reduced-sodium soup
- Instant oatmeal packets (lower sugar selections)
- Tuna salad kit (includes a small can of water-packed tuna, relish, and crackers)
- High-fiber, low-fat crackers (organic whole grain options when possible)
- Ready to drink, low sugar protein drinks
- Natural-style peanut butter with celery and/or fruit
Here are some perishable snacks you can bring for the day:
- Reduced sugar or plain yogurt with fresh fruit or seeds
- Cheese sticks
- Low-fat cottage cheese with ½ c. fresh berries
- Reduced-fat cheese with higher-fiber crackers
- About 8 baby carrots with hummus
- A small portion of grilled meat and vegetables from last night’s dinner
- 1/3 c. edamame
- 1 cup of fruit
- Hard-boiled eggs
- Mineral water (with flavor essences like lime or orange if you like)
- Herb or regular tea (cold or hot)
- Coffee (limit to 2 cups daily)
- Fresh fruit or vegetable infused water (cucumber with mint, citrus slices, berries, etc.)
Just because you are at the office does not mean you can’t get SOME physical activity.
- Take the stairs
- Park your car further away from the office
- Stretch at your desk
- Take the long route to the restroom
- Walk over to co-workers instead of calling or sending an email
- Visit the onsite workout facility – no gym membership needed!
Experts say that long-term and overall wellness is about more than simply weight management. Maintaining one’s well-being includes mind, body, and soul.
Did you know?
Most gym memberships cost $35-$40 per month, if not more. By using the onsite gym or a minimal equipment workout for one year, it’s like saving $500!
When eating out, eating healthily for lunch can be difficult. How do you know what to choose? The easiest way to determine what to order is to download one of the following apps that can tell you what is in the entrée you are about to consume. Also, don’t be afraid to ask for the nutrition information. Most fast-food places are required to have it available. Ignorance is not bliss when it comes to your food.
Lose it! https://www.loseit.com/
Our Her Nexx Chapter Community invites you to join us where women are connecting with each other’s stories, exploring different experiences, and transforming ideas.
The Future of Connection for Women
About Our Author