Dehydration is one of the most overlooked reasons for many health conditions. Most of us walk around dehydrated and don’t even know it. What is worse, we put a lot of liquids in our body that make us lose water. Drinking coffee in the morning, soft drinks during the day and/or alcohol in the evenings, you never can catch up. We then need to drink even more water.
I learned over a 10-day period when I drank more water I felt so much better. One important wellness benefit was better temperature regulation (not having swings of being hot or cold).
How much water do you need? You should get around 80-120 ounces a day and more if you exercise and sweat a lot; your urine should be clear.
Here are my top 5 benefits of drinking water:
- Joint Pain and Stiffness We have a “shock absorber” in our joints, much like a sponge that needs to be filled with water. As we age, this sponge gets broken down and our ability to keep our joints hydrated gets harder. The more consistently you drink fluids, the better your joints will feel.
- Natural Headache Relief One reason we get heachaches is due to constriction. Maintaining hydration in our bodies keeps the constriction to a minimum and can help with headaches. Give this a try and be consistent day after day.
- Improves Your Skin’s Appearance Dehydration makes the skin appear duller and can show wrinkles. Water keeps skin cells plump, making it look less wrinkled with more of a glow.
- Increases Energy and Reduces Fatigue Often when people start eating cleaner they notice how fatigued they become due to the body detoxing. Make sure you stay well-hydrated to move the toxins out and elevate your energy.
- Helps to Get Rid of Toxins Kidneys eliminate toxins and waste and if you don’t drink enough water, your kidneys won’t function properly and your body will retain toxins.
About Our Author