It never occurred to me that our smile has one day dedicated to it. You can read more about the history of this day by Googling it, but let’s discuss what this day will mean to us.
What does SMILE mean to you? After doing some research, this is what I came up with: Sending Magnificent Inner Loving Energy.
A smile shows that you are sending out love to the other person or even the universe. For example, I smile when walking, just looking at the green trees. My son smiles when he enjoys swimming or playing with his favorite toy.
Apart from the pleasure derived from your own smiling, it’s important to also make others smile. So here is a small list of activities you can do to spread that smile across other’s faces:
1. Say “thank you” and “please” more often.
2. Perform a random act of kindness for someone.
3. Be kind to everyone around.
4. Listen to people and take an interest in what they are saying.
5. This next one is great to be doing with kids: Measure the smile between friends.
6. Read stories of kindness and get inspired by them.
7. Every night before bed, write about what made you smile during the day.
8. Post a picture smiling with the hashtag #nationalsmileday
A smile is the greatest gift that humankind has. It’s free, so use it often and see your face glowing.
Her Nexx Chapter invites you to join our free Community where women from around the world are connecting with each other’s stories, exploring different experiences, and transforming ideas.
The Future of Connection for Women