Women are the core caregivers of our society. They make sure there is food on the table, the children are fed, the house is organized, all this often while working a 9-5 job. They are told they have to juggle all these roles from the beginning and need to keep going. To keep everything running smoothly, their mental and physical health must always be taken care of.
How to support mental health: In the last decade or so, mental wellness has become a growing trend and is now considered particularly important for overall wellness. Women all over the world are looking for positive and healthy ways to support it. Now comes the question: How can you maintain your mental health? Here are some tips that I personally follow to keep my mental health strong:
- Meditate once every day
- Take up a hobby
- Meet friends (virtually, if necessary)
- If possible, travel to new places
- Get outside, experience nature
Another way for women to care for their mental health is to connect with a Workshop Facilitator. Sign up with our 30-Day Guest Pass to attend one of our 7 Virtual Programs – and then have access to all of the other coaches’ programs for the next month.
How to support physical health: In the area of physical wellness, well, if you are like me who is sitting on a chair at a long stretch with eyes focused on the computer, you are not alone. I’m finding myself needing to pay closer attention to things such as dimming that blue light. There are some very easy ways that can help you maintain a healthy body. When I say “easy,” I mean you can do them daily without thinking too much about them:
- Eat small and healthy meals
- Keep nutritious snacks on your working desk
- Stand up and stretch your body every 30 minutes
- Practice healthy computer habits
- Walk during meetings (yes, even when WFH)
- Take the stairs
- Drink lots of water
My final tip: Do everything in moderation. Don’t force yourself. You don’t have to prove anything to anyone. Here’s to a balanced and healthy life while enjoying what comes your way.
Our Her Nexx Chapter Community invites you to join us where women are connecting with each other’s stories, exploring different experiences, and transforming ideas.
The Future of Connection for Women
- 4 Tips to Help Better Manage Stress: Focus on Your Physical and Mental Refresh - April 25, 2022
- Don’t Be Afraid to Address Your Resume Gap: Here’s How to Own It - November 29, 2021
- 8 Ways to Reflect Optimistic Thoughts on Positive Thinking Day - September 13, 2021