On the occasion of Positive Thinking Day, let’s celebrate the lifestyle of positivity and the positivity around us. Everyday life can be very stressful, so it might be difficult to find ways to be positive. But here are eight things that you can do to reflect optimism:
1. Keep a journal: Having a journal and writing what you love about your surroundings or your day will go a long way in seeing the positivity every day.
2. Think about someone who typically has a good and positive attitude. Write down why you like being with that person.
3. Look at the health benefits of positive thinking: Researchers have found that people who are positive and optimistic are healthier, and they don’t get sick which increases life expectancy.
4. Identify the actions of negative thinking: Keeping a daily journal will help you in reflecting back on your actions and recognizing those which make you a negative thinker. Once identified, you can work on fixing them. Focusing on just one area to look at things in a more positive light.
5. Check yourself: Periodically during the day, stop and evaluate what you’re thinking. Finding that your thoughts lean more to the negative side? Do your best to find a way to put a positive spin on them.
6. Be open to humor: Give yourself permission to smile or laugh, especially during difficult times. Seek humor in everyday happenings. One thing is for sure, the ability to laugh at life leads to feeling less stressed.
7. Surround yourself with positive people: Make sure those in your life are positive, supportive people you can depend on to give helpful advice and feedback. The influence of negative people may amp up your stress level, causing you to doubt your ability to manage that stress in healthy ways.
8. Practice positive self-talk: Start by following one simple rule: Don’t say anything to yourself that you wouldn’t say to anyone else. Be gentle and encouraging with yourself. When you have a negative thought, take a moment to evaluate it and respond with self-talk; let yourself hear your affirmations of goodness. Think about all you’re grateful for in your life.
Positive thinking doesn’t come immediately. It takes time and practice, just like when you exercise then you begin to lose weight; it happens gradually. Try this new way of thinking and see if it won’t bring positivity into other areas of your life!
Her Nexx Chapter invites you to join our free Community where women from around the world are connecting with each other’s stories, exploring different experiences, and transforming ideas.
The Future of Connection for Women
- Experiencing Rejection? It May Just be a Redirection for the Betterment of Your Life - September 19, 2022
- Today’s the Day to Give Everyone a Great Big SMILE (Sending Magnificent Inner Loving Energy) - May 31, 2022
- 4 Tips to Help Better Manage Stress: Focus on Your Physical and Mental Refresh - April 25, 2022